2020 BCLA Referee Handbook
Contains rule changes, examples of game reports, rules of emphasis, etc.
- It is very important that as a referee, you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the game you are scheduled to officiate & confirm that your partner is there as well.
- It is very important that games are started on time, but even more important that the game finishes on time in order to minimize the impact on all floor users.
Player / Referee Suspensions
- Please remember that if you are a player and referee, you must contact your respective referee allocator immediately if you are suspended as a player.
- You CANNOT referee while serving a suspension.
- Contact your allocator and advise them of the terms of your suspension so that they can rearrange the schedules accordingly.
- Referee Allocator - Stacy Paterson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head Ref - Gil Lowe email@example.com
Simple Rules while Refereeing
- Please remember, that while reffing you should be wearing your "BCLA" approved referee jersey and black pants without any markings, (dress-style pants with a pocket for a ball are preferred).
- Jeans are NOT permitted even if you are only doing the 30 sec clock.
- You are also not to eat during a game, wear a hat, or listen to your iPod with ear buds.
- You are expected to concentrate on the game.
Box Lacrosse Score sheets
Please ensure that you fill out the game sheets by using a ball point pen and press hard because you have to get it through 4 copies. Please do not use a "sharpie" - it does not work for the other copies.
Click HERE for a scoresheet demo.